My Mission

I served as a missionary in Sweden for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 1978 to June 1980. I chose to donate my time for two years to bear witness to those I contacted the reality of the life and mission of Jesus Christ, including all he has done in restoring his true gospel on the earth in recent times. Although it was many years ago, I still hold stongly to the purpose and memories of that wonderful experience.

This blog is intended to give an overview of my experiences in Sweden, and to offer to anyone interested further information regarding my testimony of Jesus Christ.


Missionary Training Center




Although it was challenging, my two months at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) was an exciting and spiritually fulfilling experience. I loved the group of new missionaries I was training with, and loved the teachers. Sister Gerd Bergstom, from Sweden, knew how to bring the right mix of language learning, gospel instruction, cultural understanding, humor and spiritual feelings in her class. I felt well prepared for the task ahead because of her efforts, and those of many others, including Vivianne Englund, Elder Christiansen, etc.

My companions at the MTC were Doug Romrell and Kevin Smith, both from Idaho. We had a great threesome. I was to serve as companions later with two others in our group, known as the Goteborg District, Eric Davis and Kelly Grubaugh. I love them all very much for the great asssociations, friendship and shared experiences.

No comments: