My Mission

I served as a missionary in Sweden for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from May 1978 to June 1980. I chose to donate my time for two years to bear witness to those I contacted the reality of the life and mission of Jesus Christ, including all he has done in restoring his true gospel on the earth in recent times. Although it was many years ago, I still hold stongly to the purpose and memories of that wonderful experience.

This blog is intended to give an overview of my experiences in Sweden, and to offer to anyone interested further information regarding my testimony of Jesus Christ.


My Testimony of the Book of Mormon


The spirit of God has witnessed to me that the additional Holy Scriptures which were revealed through the restoration of Christ's gospel are also the word of God, as much as the Holy Bible. This includes The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I have read this book several times and my heart has rejoiced in the depth and strength of spirit that has come to me while reading. There is so much in this book which has helped me to understand and have a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father.

I love the stories of the people who journeyed to ancient America, their lives, struggles and inspirational experiences. I love to read what the prophets who wrote these records offered, adding much to help us understand the meanings of many gospel principles. I love the account of Christ's visit to the people in America after his resurrection in the Holy Land, seeing that he truly is the Savior of the whole world and that his gospel is the same for everyone. I am saddened, yet inspired by the accounts of the personal struggles and sufferings by those who followed the Lord.

The promise of the last prophet who wrote in this book, Moroni, that the spirit of God will confirm the truth of this book of Holy Scripture to all those who sincerely seek to know, has worked for me. I know that The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ is the word of God.

No comments: